Traditional Chinese Medicine For Children
Does This Sound Like Your Child?
As we all know childhood illnesses are all too common and varied. Examples which you may be familiar with include:
- Bed wetting
- Sleep problems
How Does This Leave You Feeling?
As a parent you will naturally feel terrible that your child is ill. You may experience a range of emotions such as:
- anxiety, worry and fear that their condition may become worse;
- a sense of helplessness that you can’t do much to ease their distress or pain;
- emotional (and physical) exhaustion from taking care of them when they are awake all night;
- anger and frustration that you have tried many other avenues of healthcare with little or no improvement in your child’s condition;
- guilt around the thought that you perhaps could have done something to prevent this;
- sadness that your child is so miserable because of their condition.
None of these feelings are beneficial to you and your health so my aim is to help your child return to optimum health with the knock on effect that you will be a much happier parent!
The Transformation You Are Wishing For
- That your child will get better as soon as possible.
- That the condition is brought under control or to a manageable level in the case of chronic conditions, e.g. eczema, asthma.
- That your child is no longer in distress or pain.
How Can I Help Your Child?
“A 2015 study conducted out of a Harvard-affiliated children’s hospital practiced acupuncture for one year on 243 kids ranging between ages six months and 18 years who were dealing with back pain, headaches, stomach aches, and other chronic issues. The researchers found that when acupuncture was used, it resulted in a lower level of pain overall.“
I’ve treated many children in my clinic using acupuncture. You may find it surprising that most of them are actually OK with needles and don’t freak out! In contrast to adults, far fewer needles are used and they remain in place for less time.
Other branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine which are particularly suited to children are:
- Dietary Therapy according to Traditional Chinese Medicine principles. Children often respond very quickly to simple dietary changes and their condition rapidly improves.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine. Children find small herbal pills easy to take and are generally very compliant when it comes to adhering to a course of Chinese herbs.
- Qigong breathing and relaxation methods. Children think Qigong is magic! They are generally more sensitive to the flow of energy (Qi) around their bodies and can feel it clearly. They find this fascinating and usually enjoy learning simple methods which can help them relax, reduce their anxiety and improve their sleep.
Your Child’s Successful Outcome Looks Like This…
And once your child is happy, then you as a parent will feel much happier too!