Traditional Chinese Medicine For Gynaecological Disorders
Is This You?
As women, we are all too aware of the wide range of gynaecological conditions that can arise from puberty through to menopause. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can be very helpful in resolving gynaecological disorders by bringing the body back into its natural, healthy balance.
You may identify with some of these common, issues related to menstruation, fertility and menopause:
- Irregular and/or painful periods
- PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome)
- Absence of periods
- Polycystic ovaries
- Hormone imbalances related to the menstrual cycle
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Fertility issues (see the page on Acupuncture for Fertility)
- Menopausal symptoms (hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, vaginal dryness)
How These Problems Can Affect You
- Physically you may experience a great deal of pain or at the least discomfort just before or during the time of your period. You may need to take pain relief. The pain may prevent you from going about your daily business. You may need to take time off work, be unable to play with your children or do exercise.
- Emotionally: anxiety and worry. If your periods are absent or irregular you may be worried about whether this will continue indefinitely. If you don’t yet have children you may experience fear about whether or not you will be able to have children in the future because of your irregular cycle. If you suffer with menopausal hot flushes this can cause huge anxiety as you may feel self-conscious about experiencing a hot flush around people you don’t know well or in front of work colleagues.
- Emotionally: frustration, anger, irritability and easily crying are the other emotions you may experience as a result of PMS but also due to the fact that you may have tried for some time to bring your cycle back into balance without any change.
- Emotionally: blaming yourself and thinking that your gynaecological issues could have been prevented had you done something differently in the past.
- Sexually: pain during sexual intercourse, especially if vaginal dryness during menopause is a condition you experience.
The Transformation You Are Wishing For
- From irregular or absent periods to regularity in your menstrual cycle which will ease your anxiety and frustration.
- From pain to relief of your physical symptoms so that you can at least feel comfortable and go about your day to day activities without being crippled with pain.
- From anxiety, worry and frustration to feeling confident and reassured that there are many things you can do to help manage your gynaecological health and bring your body back into balance.
- From avoidance of sexual intercourse to enjoyment of a happy and healthy sex life.
How Can I Help You Transform From Monthly Misery to Happy and Healthy?
You can see from the list above that a multitude of gynaecological problems can potentially leave you feeling pretty miserable. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture can offer you drug free relief from both physical pain and emotional distress because in TCM there is no separation between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual issues. They all impact upon each other.
Using Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and my wealth of experience I can help you to:
- Manage and relieve any physical pain you may be experiencing.
- Stabilise any emotional effects of your condition.
- Come up with a plan of simple Qigong breathing, stretches and movement. This will ensure that you can stabilise your emotions and feel more confident that you control them, rather than them controlling you. Qigong is also a safe form of exercise to help relieve any pain associated with your condition.
- Manage any symptoms associated with excessive heat, unstable blood sugar levels, mood swings and emotions with Dietary Therapy.
This is what one happy client had to say about how her periods returned after only a few sessions of acupuncture with me…
I struggled for many years with amenorrhea, basically a lack of menstrual cycle. I had been to see many doctors and specialists, had been put on medication and had implemented all of the diet and lifestyle changes recommended, but to no avail. So, I decided to take a different approach, came off medication with the approval of my doctor and started to see Janice for regular acupuncture appointments.
Attending the regular acupuncture sessions, helped me both physically and emotionally and I felt much more in tune with myself, aware of my body and how I was feeling. Being able to open up to Janice about the issues I was experiencing and having someone to check in with on a regular basis was a great relief.
Within just a couple of months of beginning the acupuncture sessions, I finally got a regular period cycle back and overall felt a much greater sense of wellbeing and contentedness. Happily, I was able to fall pregnant after just 4 monthly menstrual cycles!
Janice is a wonderful practitioner, very passionate about what she does and I always felt comfortable and at ease during the treatment sessions. I could not recommend Janice more highly, and credit her for getting me and my cycle back on track.
Your Successful Outcome Looks Like This…
A regular, pain free monthly cycle
In greater control of your emotions
Calm and clear minded
Sleeping peacefully and without becoming too hot
Fewer or no daytime hot flushes
Enjoying a happy and healthy sex life
Knowlege of lifestyle, Qigong and dietary methods which can help you to manage gynaecological imbalances
Confident that you are doing everything in your power to maximise your fertility if that is your wish
Feeling vibrant, full of energy and able to go about your daily business, enjoying the activities you love to do