Traditional Chinese Medicine For Pain
Does This Sound Like You?
- You feel physical discomfort from your pain which could take the form of intense, dull, aching sensations or sharp, shooting, stabbing sensations.
- Your pain may be there all the time or come and go.
- The pain restricts your movement and prevents you from doing the physical activities you usually like to do.
- Your sleep may be affected because you can’t find a comfortable position in bed. Consequently you wake up exhausted the next day.
- Your emotional state is affected to such a degree that you may feel irritable, angry, depressed and find it difficult to concentrate.
- You have to take time off work and miss out on activities such as playing with your children or meeting up with friends to do exercise.
The Transformation You Are Wishing For
- For the pain to subside, at least to manageable levels.
- For the pain to not be there all the time so at least you get some, albeit temporary, relief from the discomfort.
- To be able to move around as you did before the pain manifested.
- To get a good night’s sleep.
- For your mood to improve so that you feel happy instead of miserable.
- To not have to take pain medication any longer, or at least be able to reduce the dose significantly.
How Can I Help You Transform From In Pain To Pain Free?
Pain is an epidemic in many countries, Ireland included. It affects more people than heart disease, cancer and diabetes combined. Examples of pain which may be experienced by many of us at one time or another include pain in the shoulder, neck or back, migraine, joint problems (osteo or rheumatoid arthritis), sciatica and hip pain, tennis elbow and toothache.
- Become pain free, or at least reduce it to manageable levels.
- Improve your sleep and thereby your energy levels the next day.
- Come up with a plan of simple Qigong stretches and movement. This will ensure that you can safely keep circulation and energy (Qi) flowing into the area in order to speed up your recovery.
- Learn simple Qigong breathing and relaxation methods to reduce strain and decrease pain sensations.
- Feel emotionally more upbeat, hopeful and able to cope.
- Get to the point where you don’t need to take the same amount of pain medication.
Your Successful Outcome Looks Like This…
Revitalised and vibrant
Abundance of energy
Upbeat and positive mood
Able to enjoy the activities you used to enjoy before you experienced pain, e.g. play with your children and pursue your hobbies and interests
Confident that you will be able to nip pain in the bud in future and manage it by combining what you have learned with a couple of top up treatments of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture.