Fertility Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
If you are reading this page then you may have been trying to become pregnant for some time, or wanting to use Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in order to maximise your health before becoming pregnant.
How Will Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Help Us To Have A Baby?
- regulate your hormone levels
- ensure your uterine wall is sufficiently thick to sustain a healthy pregnancy
- increase circulation to your ovaries and uterus
- improve the function of your ovaries produce better quality eggs
- calm any worry or anxiety you may be feeling around getting pregnant
- improve your chances of a successful pregnancy if you are undergoing IVF or IUI treatments
- reduce your risk of miscarriage
This is what one happy client had to say about how her periods returned after only a few sessions of acupuncture with me…
I struggled for many years with amenorrhea, basically a lack of menstrual cycle. I had been to see many doctors and specialists, had been put on medication and had implemented all of the diet and lifestyle changes recommended, but to no avail. So, I decided to take a different approach, came off medication with the approval of my doctor and started to see Janice for regular acupuncture appointments.
Attending the regular acupuncture sessions, helped me both physically and emotionally and I felt much more in tune with myself, aware of my body and how I was feeling. Being able to open up to Janice about the issues I was experiencing and having someone to check in with on a regular basis was a great relief.
Within just a couple of months of beginning the acupuncture sessions, I finally got a regular period cycle back and overall felt a much greater sense of wellbeing and contentedness. Happily, I was able to fall pregnant after just 4 monthly menstrual cycles!
Janice is a wonderful practitioner, very passionate about what she does and I always felt comfortable and at ease during the treatment sessions. I could not recommend Janice more highly, and credit her for getting me and my cycle back on track.
What Is The Ideal Way To Embark Upon Treatment?
Your fertility depends on your body being in balance, which is what Acupuncture and TCM works to restore. When your body is in good health you are likely to be more fertile and to conceive (if you are a woman), and produce higher numbers of sperm which will be of better quality and increased motility (if you are a man).
All of this takes time. If you are planning to have a baby I recommend you ideally begin Acupuncture and TCM treatment at least 3 months before attempting to conceive. It takes this long to get your body ready. However, if you are actively trying to conceive right now then treatment can still be of great benefit to you.
What Is Involved In A Treatment?
Whether you are a man or a woman seeking improvement in your fertility your initial treatment will involve:
- a conversation with you about the main issues you are concerned with, any Western medicine test results you may have, questions about your medical history, diet, exercise and other lifestyle factors.
- an examination of your tongue and pulse in order to help me reach my diagnosis according to TCM principles.
- treatment with Acupuncture
- other suggestions and advice, for example dietary, sleep and exercise recommendations or Qigong methods to help reduce stress and manage emotions.
Once weekly treatment is the ideal way to begin until conception takes place and then until the end of the first trimester in order to reduce any likelihood of miscarriage.
For more information to help you decide whether Acupuncture & TCM is for you click here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 087 4128342 or use the contact form below. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Get In Touch
If you live in Kerry you'll find my Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture clinics in Tralee and Killorglin.
You can also contact me for information on Qigong workshops which I teach on a regular basis, both online and in different locations around Kerry.
Bio Force Medical & Dental Clinic, Tralee
Beauty Within Skincare & Holistic Centre, Killorglin
Phone: 087 4128342
Business Hours: By appointment