Fertility Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
If you are reading this page then you may have been trying to become pregnant for some time, or wanting to use Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in order to maximise your health before becoming pregnant.
How Will Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Help Us To Have A Baby?
- regulate your hormone levels
- ensure your uterine wall is sufficiently thick to sustain a healthy pregnancy
- increase circulation to your ovaries and uterus
- improve the function of your ovaries produce better quality eggs
- calm any worry or anxiety you may be feeling around getting pregnant
- improve your chances of a successful pregnancy if you are undergoing IVF or IUI treatments
- reduce your risk of miscarriage
What Is The Ideal Way To Embark Upon Treatment?
Your fertility depends on your body being in balance, which is what Acupuncture and TCM works to restore. When your body is in good health you are likely to be more fertile and to conceive (if you are a woman), and produce higher numbers of sperm which will be of better quality and increased motility (if you are a man).
All of this takes time. If you are planning to have a baby I recommend you ideally begin Acupuncture and TCM treatment at least 3 months before attempting to conceive. It takes this long to get your body ready. However, if you are actively trying to conceive right now then treatment can still be of great benefit to you.
What Is Involved In A Treatment?
Whether you are a man or a woman seeking improvement in your fertility your initial treatment will involve:
- a conversation with you about the main issues you are concerned with, any Western medicine test results you may have, questions about your medical history, diet, exercise and other lifestyle factors.
- an examination of your tongue and pulse in order to help me reach my diagnosis according to TCM principles.
- treatment with Acupuncture
- other suggestions and advice, for example dietary, sleep and exercise recommendations or Qigong methods to help reduce stress and manage emotions.
Once weekly treatment is the ideal way to begin until conception takes place and then until the end of the first trimester in order to reduce any likelihood of miscarriage.
For more information to help you decide whether Acupuncture & TCM is for you click here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 087 4128342 or use the contact form below. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Get In Touch
If you live in Kerry you'll find one of my Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture clinics close to you as there are three; in Tralee, Killorglin and Cahersiveen.
Also contact me for information on Qigong workshops which I teach on a regular basis in different locations around Kerry.
Bio Force Medical & Dental Clinic, Tralee
Beauty Within Skincare & Holistic Centre, Killorglin
The Aquarian Healthstore, Cahersiveen
Phone: 087 4128342
Business Hours: By appointment